The Fourth of July is just around the corner and these American Spirit Oreo Cookie Balls are the perfect independence day dessert. These Oreo cookie balls are great for sharing and are guaranteed to be the standout star of any dessert cookout table!
- 1 (14 ounce) package chocolate sandwich cookies (such as Oreo®), crushed
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 (12 ounce) package vanilla-flavored almond bark, or as needed
- 1 Tbsp. red, white and blue multi-colored sprinkles
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Mix cookie crumbs and cream cheese together in a bowl; roll into balls and arrange on the prepared baking sheet. Freeze cookie balls until solid, about 1 hour.
3. Melt almond bark in the top of a double boiler over simmering water, stirring frequently and scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching.
4. Dip cookie balls in the melted almond bark, removing balls using 2 forks to allow excess bark drip back into double boiler. Top with sprinkles. Arrange coated cookie balls on the baking sheet; refrigerate until coating is firm, about 10 minutes.
This recipe makes 14 servings – Enjoy!