Nothing beats the smell of cinnamon and apples being baked, and when you add a taste of Blackberry you have something amazing. Like this Apple-Blackberry Crisp recipe we found! It is easy and absolutely delicious, perfect as a treat for the family or for a potluck or party. Maybe bake it as a treat for Father’s Day? Whatever the reason, give it a try!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 8 Tbp. softened unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup pecans
- Pinch of salt
- Combine the flour, sugars, salt and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Mix until well blended (the mixture should crumble easily).
- Add the pecans and refrigerate until you put the dish together.
- 4 cups sliced apples (3 medium-sized Granny Smith apples)
- 2 cups frozen blackberries
- 3 Tbs. sugar
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tbs. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Mix apples, blackberries and sugar together in a bowl. In a separate, small bowl, dissolve the cornstarch and lemon juice. Toss the mixture with the fruit.
- Place the fruit in an 8 inch baking dish. Sprinkle half of the topping over the fruit and bake for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle the remaining topping mixture over the fruit and return to the oven for another 25 minutes or until the topping is crisp.
- Add ice cream, serve warm and enjoy!