What’s a sweeter treat than Apple Cider Glazed Doughnuts?? Try making your own homemade doughnuts with the help of this fun and easy recipe!
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, or more if needed (divided)
- 2 envelopes Eichmann’s® RapidRise Yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1 cup milk plus
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 3 egg yolks
- Mazola® Corn Oil for deep frying
Apple Cider Glaze:
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup marshmallow creme
1. Combine 2 cups flour, undissolved yeast, sugar, salt and cinnamon in a large mixer bowl. Heat milk and butter to very warm (120 degrees to 130 degrees F). Add to flour mixture with egg yolks; beat for 2 minutes at low speed. Continue adding remaining flour, until soft dough forms.
2. Knead on a lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic (about 4 to 6 minutes). Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Roll out dough on a lightly floured counter into a 12-inch circle, about 1/2-inch thick. Using a 3-inch cookie or biscuit cutter, cut out as many rounds as possible. Cut out center with a 1-inch cookie cutter or poke hole through the center with finger. Place doughnuts about 2 to 3 inches apart on lightly greased or parchment lined baking sheet. Re-roll and cut remaining dough. Cover doughnuts and let rise for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
3. Heat at least 2 inches of oil in a deep fryer or deep pan to 350 degrees F. Fry 2 to 3 doughnuts at a time, turning occasionally until well browned, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels. Cool a few minutes, then transfer to wire rack. Drizzle with Apple Cider Glaze OR using tongs, dunk the doughnuts in the glaze. Serve warm.
4. For Apple Cider Glaze: Boil apple cider in a small saucepan until reduced in half, about 7 to 10 minutes.
Note: These can also be baked. Simply preheat your oven to 375 degrees F, and bake the risen doughnuts for 8 to 10 minutes.
This recipe makes 1 dozen – Enjoy!