The perfect spring/summer appetizer whether you’re entertaining indoors or out! It’s so easy and looks adorable. It’s even great for an after school snack.
• Meatballs – freshly made or frozen
• American Cheese, cut in small pieces
• Pre-Cooked Bacon slices, cut in small pieces
• Iceberg Lettuce, cut into small pieces
• Grape Tomatoes, cut in half
1. Bake up as many meatballs as you desire, following the package instructions.
2. Meanwhile: Cut small pieces of American cheese to melt on top when meatballs are baked.
3. “Stack” your desired toppings on toothpicks. I used a piece of bacon, a small piece of ice berg lettuce and a half grape tomato.
4. When the baking time is up, top each meatball with a small slice of cheese, place back in the oven for a couple of minutes more to let the cheese melt.
5. Poke the already stacked skewer into the meatball, plate and serve.
6. Serve with ketchup, mayo and mustard dipping “sauce” if desired.
This recipe and images are courtesy of An Affair From The Heart.