Looking for a sweet and simple treat that’s perfect for spring? This blueberry lemon cake can be prepped in just minutes. The greek yogurt creates a thicker batter which helps prevent the blueberries from sinking and also bakes up to be extra moist with a fine crumb. It have a nice sweetness on it’s own, but you can always glaze it if you want to make a more indulgent dessert. Enjoy!
1 ½ cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
1 cup sugar
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 tsp. grated lemon zest
½ tsp. vanilla
½ cup canola oil
6 ounces fresh or 1 cup frozen blueberries
1. Move an oven rack to the middle position and preheat oven to 350°F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, yogurt, eggs, zest, and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients in 3 batches, whisking to incorporate after each addition. Fold in oil and stir carefully until uniformly combined. Fold in the blueberries and stir until just incorporated.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
5. Using a sharp knife, slice around the inside of the loaf pan to loosen the cake and flip out onto a wire rack set over a baking sheet. Cool the cake completely.
This recipe and images are courtesy of Culinary Hill.