Here at Old Time Pottery, we love our puppy chow, as evidence by our past SweetTweet recipes. And we had a craving for some more but wanted to put a different twist on it this time around. So after much deliberation we came up with Cake Batter Puppy Chow. Yes you read that right cake batter. It sounds a little weird at first, but trust us, this snack is addictive. The best part about this recipe is you can completely change the flavor of the puppy chow based solely on what cake batter you choose to use. We used Yellow Cake Batter for this recipe but we can see it being really good with chocolate too! Anyway, we hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did! Happy baking!
- 5 cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 10 ounces (5 squares) Vanilla Almond Bark
- 3/4 cup Yellow Cake Mix
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- Colored Sprinkles
- Vegetable Shortening (optional)
- Pour 5 cups of Chex Cereal into a large bowl.
- Melt Almond Bark according to the package directions, adding vegetable shortening to thin if desired.
- Pour Almond Bark over cereal, stirring and folding until the cereal is completely covered. Generously shake sprinkles over mixture and fold them in as well. so they stick to the Almond Bark.
- In a large bag or covered container such as Tupperware, put cake mix and powdered sugar and shake to mix evenly.
- Pour the Almond Bark covered cereal into the large bag or container containing cake mix and powdered sugar. Seal the bag or container and shake until all the cereal is coated with the powdered mixture.
- Discard excess powder and enjoy!
Original Recipe adopted from The Girl Who Ate Everything Blog.