The world’s day of love is once again upon us! That’s right, it’s almost time for Valentine’s Day. This recipe for Candy Hearts Valentine Rice Krispie Treats is beyond cute and we couldn’t wait to give them a try. They would make the perfect treat for your kids to bring to school or to share with someone special. Plus they’re very. very easy to make meaning you spend more time enjoying the food than preparing it. With that being said, Happy Valentine’s day from all of us at Old Time Pottery and happy baking!
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 10 oz Marshmallows
- Red Food Coloring
- 2 cups Mini Marshmallows
- 1 cup Conversation Hearts
- Conversation Hearts Valentine Rice Krispie Treats ingredients
- In a medium to large saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- Add the larger marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Stir in enough food coloring to make the marshmallows pink – VERY pink is best.
- Remove from heat.
- Add Rice Krispies cereal and mini marshmallows – this makes it extra gooey and yummy.
- Stir until cereal is well combined.
- Prepare a cookie sheet with sides by spraying with cooking spray or coating with butter.
- Butter a spoon or your hands or use wax paper to press the mixture into the pan evenly.
- Press conversation hearts evenly around the mixture.
- After cooling, use heart shape cookie cutters to cut out treats.