What’s more American than apple pie? If you’re looking for the ultimate dessert for your Memorial Day or Independence Day BBQ, these apple pie cookies courtesy of Cincy Shopper are sure to be a huge hit. They taste as delicious as they look!
If you make these, be sure to let us know how they turned out in the comments below!
1 package Refrigerated Pie Crust (2 crusts)
5 oz Caramel Topping
10 oz Apple Pie Filling
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
1/4 cup Sugar
• Preheat the oven to 350.
• Spray cookie sheet with non stick spray and set aside.
• Allow crusts to warm slightly to make them easier to work with.
• Dust work area with flour and slightly roll out crusts.
• Spread a thin layer of caramel on one of the crusts.
• Use a knife to chop pie filling into smaller pieces and spread over top of caramel.
• Cut other crust into 1/2″ strips.
• Use strips to create a lattice top over pie covered crust.
• Cut out circles and transfer to prepared baking sheet.
• Beat egg in bowl until well blended.
• Mix together sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
• Brush lattice tops with egg wash and sprinkle with sugar mixture.
• Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
This recipe and images are courtesy of Cincy Shopper.