Homemade Caramel Popcorn is an easy and timeless favorite. This particular recipe takes just over a hour to prepare and is perfect for friends and family or to set out for a party! Don’t wait any longer, give it a try today and enjoy!
- 5 quarts popped popcorn
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 250F degrees and place popcorn in a very large bowl.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil without stirring 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in soda and vanilla. Pour in a thin stream over popcorn, stirring to coat.
- Place in two large shallow baking dishes and bake in preheated oven, stirring every 15 minutes, for 1 hour. Remove from oven and let cool completely before breaking into pieces.
This recipe makes 5 quarts. Enjoy!