We’re kicking off 2014 with the perfect combination of sweet and salty! Who doesn’t love that combination right? We love that these cookies are chunky and with each bite you get a nice blast of salty and sweet with the pretzels, chocolate chips and caramel. However, the best part of this cookie is how easy they are to make. It takes no longer than an hour or so total leaving you plenty of time to enjoy your sweet treats!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup stick pretzels, broken into thirds
- 1/2 cup caramel bits
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a stand mixer, cream butter with sugars. Add vanilla & egg. Incorporate & scrape bowl.
- Combine salt, baking soda, & flour. Gradually add to wet mixture. Mix until combined.
- Fold in broken pretzels, caramel bits, & chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Spoon onto a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350*F for 11-12 minutes.