Cherry Delight. The name says it all doesn’t it? It has everything you could want in a sweet treat; crunchy, sweet, a little tart, it definitely covers all the bases. This dessert is a little twist on a classic that is perfect any time of the year. However, we like this recipe right around Valentine’s Day. It would be the perfect end to a romantic dinner no? Aside from being incredibly tasty, this recipe is easy to follow and make. The only thing you need to be aware of is you need about 2 hours to let everything cool down but the actual baking on takes about 20 minutes or so. With all that said, we hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did. Happy baking!
For the Crust:
- 2 and 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 3/4 cups melted butter
For the Filling:
- 2 8oz. packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 8oz. tub whipped topping
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
For the Topping:
- 1 21oz. can cherry pie filling
To Make the Crust:
- Line a 13″ x 9″ pan with aluminum foil.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter.
- Press into the bottom of the pan.
- We recommend pre-baking the crust (it makes it more sturdier): bake for 10 minutes at 375 degree F. Cool completely before adding the filling layer.
To Make the Filling:
- In a large mixing bowl, mix cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add vanilla and powdered sugar and mix well, about 2 minutes.
- Add whipped topping in two additions, mix just until combined.
- Do not overmix.
- Spread the filling over the crust.
- Refrigerate until set, at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Cut the dessert into squares. Top with filling just before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers.