These cookies are affectionately nicknamed “Bikini Killer Cookies” but we promise they’re worth every calorie. They take the chewiness of chocolate chip cookies and combine them with the crunch of Snickers to make the ultimate crunchy, chewy, melt in your mouth cookie. Not to mention, these little guys are easy to make. Our one piece of advice however is to stick to the recipe. Don’t try and chop or mix your Snickers in but rather stuff them. If you do the latter you’ll end up seeing the bits of Snickers around the edge or your cookies fall off and melt to the cookie sheet. Now with that out of the way, we hope you enjoy these crazy good cookies!
Preparation: Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line bake sheet with parchment paper.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cup sliced Snickers, (approximately 4 king size candy bars or one bag of mini size Snickers)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Place flour and baking soda together in a bowl and whisk to combine; set aside.
- Place 10 tablespoons butter in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until melted, about 2 minutes. Continue cooking and using the handle of pan to swirl the butter around in the skillet. Swirl butter constantly until it becomes a dark golden brown in color and gives off a nutty aroma, 1 to 3 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and transfer browned butter to large heatproof bowl. Stir remaining 6 tablespoons of butter into hot butter until completely melted.
- Add both sugars, salt, and vanilla to brown butter mixture and whisk until fully incorporated. Add eggs and whisk until mixture is smooth with no sugar lumps remaining, about 30 seconds. Rest mixture for 3 minutes, then whisk for another 30 seconds. Repeat process of resting and whisking 2 more times until mixture is thick, smooth, and shiny. Using sturdy rubber spatula or wooden spoon, stir in flour mixture until just combined, about 1 minute. Stir in chocolate chips giving dough final stir to ensure no flour pockets remain.
- Using a #24 cookie scoop (basically a small ice cream scoop) or using a spoon scoop out approximately two heaping tablespoons of dough and flatten it into a round disc and place a Snickers slice on top. Fold edges over Snickers to seal it in. (*Optional: For added richness press in chopped Snickers on top). Place cookies 2 inches apart on parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake cookies 1 sheet at a time until cookies are golden brown and still puffy, and edges have begun to set but centers are still soft, about 10 to 14 minutes. Transfer baking sheet to wire rack to cool cookies.