Where has the time gone? It seems like just yesterday we were ringing in 2014 and celebrating a great 2013 and now it’s already April. That why, with Easter being late this year, we thought it would be a great time to share this recipe! How cute are these Chocolate Birds’ Nests?!? They’re super easy to make, super tasty and the perfect treat for Easter. Enjoy and happy baking!
- 1 tblsp of unsalted butter
- 6 oz (1/2 bag) of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 oz (1/2 bag) of butterscotch chips
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 oz (1/2 of a large bag) of chow mein noodles
- 36 mini Cadbury eggs
- Grease the wells of a muffin pan with butter.
- In a large microwave-proof bowl, heat the chocolate and butterscotch chips in 30 second intervals until thoroughly melted.
- Once melted, add the peanut butter to the chocolate/butterscotch mixture, mixing well until smooth and completely combined.
- Carefully add the chow mein noodles, stirring with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, until completely coated.
- Using a large spoon, mold the mixture into the wells of your muffin tin, indenting the tops slightly with the back of the spoon.
- Chill the nests until hardened, about 1 hour or so.
- Once chilled, gently remove the nests from the muffin tin.
- Place three eggs (or colored jelly beans!) on the tops of each nest.