There are some things that are just hard to beat. One of those things is is an ice cream sandwich in the summer time. That’s why we’re sharing a recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich bars today. These little guys are encompass everything we love about summer and are meant to leave you heart melting with love after each bite! Enjoy and happy baking!
- 2 18 ounce rolls of pre-made or homemade cookie dough (See our recipe for Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies for instructions on how to make your own cookie dough!)
- ½ gallon vanilla ice cream
- Roll half of the dough into a 8×8 pan lined with parchment paper and bake at 350 (or temperature for your specific dough) for about 25 minutes, or until edges and top are golden brown. Underbaking is recommended! Let cool and lift out of the baking dish.
- Repeat with other half of the dough, or if you had 2 of the same sized pan you could do it at the same time. Be sure to let the cookie layers cool for several hours.
- Leave one cookie layer in the pan; top with ice cream, pressing firmly to make a tight layer. Top with other cookie layer and press firmly. Freeze until ready to serve; thaw for a few minutes before eating.
- NOTE: For easier eating, just freeze the bottom cookie layer and ice cream. Place the top cookie layer on just before serving so the tops are soft.