Not all desserts have to be loaded with calories, trying making these fun Chocolate-covered Strawberry Carrot Pots for Easter. The strawberries resemble carrots and these simple flower pots, easily found at Old Time Pottery, are filled with pudding and chocolate cookie crumbles. This Easter treat will leave your guests hopping…we mean hoping, for more!
- 12 medium strawberries
- Orange chocolate melting wafers
- 4 small bags of chocolate sandwich cookies
- 2 boxes sugar-free jello chocolate pudding mix
1. In food processor blend cookies into crumbs and set aside.
2. Make pudding according to package instructions and set aside
3. Place melting wafers in small metal bowl. Place water in small saucepan and bring to boil; lower water temperature to medium-high and set metal bowl with melting wafers on saucepan, making sure water is not touching bottom of bowl. Melt wafers while stirring constantly.
4. Dip strawberries in melted chocolate, remove excess into bowl and transfer to a parchment-lined plate. Place in refrigerator until chocolate is set.
5. Pour remaining melted chocolate in piping bag with narrow tip. Drizzle lines over strawberries to give your carrots some detail.
6. Line pots with food-safe parchment paper (or insert small cup). Fill with alternating layers of cookie crumbs and chocolate pudding, ending with cookie crumbs on top.
7. Add your chocolate-covered strawberry ‘carrots’ and enjoy!
This recipe makes 6 servings – Enjoy!