It doesn’t get much more rich and decadent than these chocolatey treats. These Chocolate Mint Oreo Cookies are a chocolate lovers’ dream with a mint twist! Not only are these cookies wonderfully delicious, but they’re also fun to make and easy on the eye with the pops of green in the cookie. These cookies would be perfect to share with someone as they’re original and oh so unique (we had never heard of them before last week). Be sure to drink a big glass of milk with these tasty treats, they’re sure to test how much chocolate you can eat in one cookie! Enjoy!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups mint green chips (I used Guitard)
- 1 cup chopped Cool Mint Oreos
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa. Set aside.
- With a mixer, cream butter and sugars together until smooth. Add in eggs, one at a time. Next, add in vanilla extract. Mix until blended.
- Slowly add flour mixture to sugar mixture and mix until flour disappears. Stir in chocolate chips, mint green chips, and chopped Cool Mint Oreos. Drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes, or until the cookies are set around the edges, but still soft in the center. Don’t over bake. Remove from oven and let sit on baking sheet for 3-5 minutes. Move to a cooling rack and cool completely.