Nothing says Christmas quite like Cranberries! That’s why when we saw this recipe we had to give it a try and boy was it worth it. These cookies are a wonderful combination of sweet and tart that just melts in your mouth! The best part of this recipe though is that you can make a large batch of dough, bake just enough cookies and save the rest for up to a week to make more cookies at a later date. It really is the do everything Christmas cookie! Enjoy.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3 cups pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- milk for brushing
- 3 tablespoons vanilla sugar OR 3 tablespoons white sugar
- In a bowl, cream the butter, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add the cranberries.
- In another bowl, combine the flour and baking powder. Stir in the previous mixture with a wooden spoon.
- On a work surface, roll the dough into two logs of 1 ½-inch diameter. Wrap in aluminum foil and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator. Unwrap and place the logs on a work surface. Cut into 1/3-inch thick slices and place the slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush the cookies with a little milk and sprinkle with the vanilla sugar.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until the cookies begin to brown.