Coconut and almond go together like, well… coconut and almond! Their tastes perfectly complement each other, especially in this easy and delicious cookie recipe. It makes 3 dozen tasty Coconut Almond cookies in about 15 minutes! See below for the whole recipe and give it a try!
- 1 cup of butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups of white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cups of sifted all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon of almond extract
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg, water and almond extract.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Stir in coconut.
- Roll the dough into walnut sized balls. Place the cookies 2 inches apart onto the cookie sheet and flatten with a floured fork.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned on the bottom. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
This Recipe makes 3 dozen cookies. Enjoy!