Easter Creme eggs are our not-so-secret Easter addiction. This no-bake Rocky Road is taken to a whole new level with the addition of whole mini Cadbury Creme Eggs topped with a layer of chocolate. gooey Creme Eggs finish it off.
Also makes a great Easter gift or treat to bring to your celebration!
INGREDIENTS (Converted from a UK recipe):
2/3 Cup Unsalted butter
1 2/3 Cup Dark chocolate, chopped
1 cup Milk chocolate, chopped
4 Tablespoons Golden syrup
180g Mini Creme Eggs, unwrapped
2 cups Mini marshmallows
150g Digestive biscuits, crushed into chunks
1 cup White chocolate, chopped
Yellow gel food coloring
8 Creme Eggs (full size, unwrapped)
1. Melt the butter in a large pan over a low heat.
2. When it’s about half melted, add the dark chocolate, the milk chocolate.and the golden syrup.Over a very low heat, continue to melt it all. Stir until it’s thick and well combined.
3. Remove from the heat and set aside for 10 minutes until it’s cooled slightly.
4. Add the mini Creme Eggs, the marshmallows and the digestive biscuits, stir until everything is well coated.
5. Line a 20cm x 20cm baking tin with baking paper and press the mixture firmly in.
6. Meanwhile melt the white chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of steaming water. Make sure you keep the
temperature very low as white chocolate can seize easily.
7. Take half of the melted chocolate and put in another small bowl, color until very deep yellow using the gel food color, just a very small amount at a time.
8. Drizzle the white chocolate and the colored white chocolate over the rocky road, cut the full size Creme
Eggs in half and sit in the chocolate, pressing in firmly.
9. Allow to set in the fridge for at least a couple of hours.
10. Turn out of the tin and cut into small chunks using a very sharp knife.
This recipe and images are courtesy of Taming Twins.