It’s the start of fall and that means apples are in season! We love a good apple crisp and here’s one you can easily make right in a crock pot.
You can find crock pots at closeout savings plus plenty of serving dishes at your local Old Time Pottery.
6 medium baking apples
¾ cup Brown Sugar
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
2 tsp. Apple Pie Spice
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
½ cup butter, 1 stick
½ cup flour
1 cup oatmeal
⅓ cup brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1. Spray crockpot generously with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Peel and slice apples to ¼ ” thickness.
3. Place apples, sugars, cornstarch, apple pie spice, cinnamon, salt, vanilla, and lemon juice in crock pot and stir well to coat all
4. In a separate bowl combine butter, flour, oatmeal, brown sugar, and cinnamon, use your hands to incorporate all ingredients fully.
5. Sprinkle crumb topping over apple mixture evenly.
6. Cook covered for 2 hours or on low for 4 hours.
7. Crack the lid on the crockpot slightly to allow steam to escape so topping can harden for an additional hour.
8. Serve with whipped topping or ice cream while still warm from the crockpot.
9. Enjoy the fantastic smell in your home and dig in.
This recipe and images are courtesy of More Than A Mom Of Three.