Sometimes, we just can’t help ourselves. For instance, pasta is good. So is dessert, but pasta for dessert? Yup, we did that! This recipe for Deep Fried Pasta with Sugared Strawberry Crunch is actually extremely delicious. For comparison, think funnel cake. It’s that tasty, seriously. The best part about this recipe though is that it’s fairly easy to make. Really the hardest part is cooking the noodles and getting them that perfect golden brown. But other than that, it’s a piece of cake (Pun definitely intended!). We hope you enjoy this recipe. Happy baking!
- 1 box Lasagna Noodles, boiled to al dente
- Dixie Crystals Confectioner’s Sugar, as needed
- 4 cups fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, as desired
- While the lasagna noodles boil,combine the strawberries and granulated sugar together over medium low heat. Simmer for 15-20 minutes. Add the vanilla and allow to simmer over low heat until needed.
- When pasta is cooked, remove from heat and drain. Allow the pasta to air dry for a moment, or, blot with paper towels. Cut noodles into triangle wedges, and add to 350F oil to fry. Remove when golden brown and sprinkle with confectioners sugar.
- Place fried noodles on serving dish and top with strawberry sauce, more fresh berries and whipped cream. Serve and enjoy!