It’s that time of year to let “Old Glory” fly proud. The 4th of July is always a special time for families and friends to gather and celebrate our nation. It is also a great time of year to show your patriotism in a very real way. Hanging a flag or patriotic décor has become a huge tradition in our country leading up to the 4th of July. And well, the only place that really makes sense to get ready for this great day is at Old Time Pottery. Not only can you get spectacular flags and mounting sets, but they have tons of other great décor to help you show your patriotism. I let my creative juices flow and created this beautiful wreath to show my USA Spirit and you can too!
What you’ll need:
- Twine Wreath
- Blue and Red Ribbons
- Blue, White or Red Deco-mesh
- Small white silk flowers or vine of silk flowers.
- Wind your twine wreath with your deco-mesh. I like to start with this because it often requires the most “tucking” or sculpting, and it has the potential to be your largest layer. The great thing about twine wreaths is that you can simply tuck most materials between sticks. I also like to start out my winding deco-mesh by tying a small knot to the backside of the wreath to anchor my strand of mesh.
- Proceed with the second layer of décor: the ribbon! I used red for my deco-mesh, so I chose blue as my ribbon. Follow along a similar spacing and direction as you went with the deco-mesh. Tuck the ribbon into the sticks as needed to anchor your ribbon strand around your wreath.
- Add in the florals! I chose to get a long vine of white silk flowers to give my wreath the punch of white. The vine was easy to wrap around the wreath in a similar spacing and direction as my other two layers. However, you could also buy individual buds or bushes of flowers and individually tuck each bloom into the wreath.
That’s it! Easy as 1-2-3! Of course, you can always add your own flair to your wreath to show off your patriotic spirit! Just keep in mind proportion, color balance, and a balanced mix of textures to help you make a fabulous 4th of July wreath!