An organized kitchen is a happy kitchen! Our kitchens can easily become cluttered and disorganized. That’s why I love this latest project. It is so simple and versatile! These mason jars are so easy to make and have multiple uses in your kitchen.
What You’ll Need:
- Mason Jar
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Chalkboard Paint
- Paint brush
- Clean the outside of the mason jar with rubbing alcohol to have a clean surface.
- Paint a “label” on the outside of the jar. You can freehand the shape, or find a neat stencil to trace.
- Layer up the chalkboard paint! When painting chalkboard paint on glass, it may take two or three coats of paint to get a solid surface to write on once it dries.
- Organize your kitchen and baking staples!
Decorating basic mason jars with chalkboard paint is such an easy way to add charm and elegance in your kitchen. By using chalkboard paint, you allow yourself to use the jars for a variety of storage uses over time. Just erase the first label and change it if you need to! Versatile organizing options are the key to success when you are organizing your home!
Here’s a favorite family recipe using the ingredients you see: Chinese New Year Cookies.
- 1 pkg Butterscotch Chips
- 1 pkg Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 6 oz Chow Mein Noodles
- 1-2 cups Unsalted Peanuts
Melt butterscotch and chocolate chips and mix together. Add in chow mein noodles and peanuts until thoroughly covered in melted mixture. Spoon out cookie size amount of mixture onto sheet of wax paper. Allow to harden and then enjoy!