Mother’s Day is just around the corner. If you are anything like me, holidays can creep up on you – especially holidays for gifts! Don’t worry, though! You still have time to create a one-of-a-kind gift for mom that says “I love you” in so many ways. Instead of getting cut flowers for mom that will wilt in a few days, I decided to get potted flowers that will last much, much longer and customized the pottery to show mom in a very personal way that she is loved.
What you’ll need:
- Clay pot and water tray.
- Spray paint of your choice.
- Acrylic paints.
- Pre-potted flowers or seeds & potting soil.
Let’s get started!
- Spray paint is so easy to paint the entire clay pot a bright, cheery color!
- Once the base coat is dry, pour out a little acrylic paint on a paper plate. Then, dab your index finger in the paint and blot it a little on some paper to get more of a “dry paint” effect. Press your painted finger on the pot to create a flower petal effect. (Another shape that would work well is to make little hearts out of two fingerprints!) Having just enough paint to make a mark, but not too much allows your unique finger print to shine through.
- Once the pot is dry, plant your flower plant in the pot with extra potting soil as needed.
Old Time Pottery was my destination to create this personalized present for mom! They had all I needed from seeds, flowers, and pots to create this great gift. Now that it is garden season, the OTP Garden Centers have all you need to get started. Now don’t procrastinate! There are just a few more days to make Mother’s Day special!