It never really feels like fall until you’ve made pumpkin something. So why not kick off fall right with some simple Fall Truffles. There tasty treats are perfect because they take no time to make and taste like chocolate covered fall. I mean seriously, does it get any better than chocolate covered fall??? We really enjoyed the gram crackers as part of this recipe and something to consider when you make these is substituting ginger snaps for the gram crackers. Happy baking!
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 4 oz of light cream cheese, softened
- ¼-1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 8 oz chocolate (I used almond bark)
- sprinkles, optional
- In a bowl, blend the pumpkin and powdered sugar together with a hand mixer.
- Add the cream cheese and cinnamon and blend again until well combined.
- Then fold in the cracker crumbs until well blended.
- Take a tablespoons of dough and shape it into a ball, repeat until all dough is used. You will get about 18 balls. Place balls on a cookie sheet lined with parchment and place in the freezer.
- In a double broiler or microwave, melt chocolate until smooth. At this point I placed the chocolate in my Velata warmer to keep it melted for dipping.
- Remove balls from the freezer. Dip in chocolate and place on parchment. Top with sprinkles if desired and allow chocolate to harden.
- Store truffles in the fridge in an air tight container but allow to sit out for a bit before eating.
- Makes 18 truffles.