It seems like everyday there are new interior design trends and ideas. It can be a tough task just to keep up with all of them, let alone incorporate all of these ideas into your home. While it may seem like a daunting task to give your home a makeover, here a five quick, easy, and inexpensive ways to give your home an instant update.
- Add Ambiance: A great way to update your home is to change your accents. There is no easier way to give your home a little update than switching around the little things. You can change out your candles, flowers, or add a dish full of candy to your coffee table. It’s these little things that make a home personal and give it that “homie” feeling.
- Change Your Curtains: Custom draperies are expensive and you may not have the time or money for them. But panel pairs from your local Old Time Pottery should do the trick. The color you choose can change the feel of a room instantly. Don’t forget that draperies have a big impact on the lighting in your room. If you want to go for more natural light go with a sheer. To go darker and make a room a little cozier, go with heavy cottons or velvets.
- Change Your Throw Pillows: There is probably a good chance you haven’t updated your throw pillows in a while. What color are they? Maybe the kids got a hold of them for a pillow fight or your pillows have been the victim of a spill or two. Either way, updating your throw pillows is as simple as making a trip to your local Old Time Pottery. Make sure to find a few that are seasonally appropriate and fit with the overall color scheme of your room. If done right, these pillows will add an instant splash of color to give your room a fresh new look.
- De-Clutter: Getting organized is hard. But there is no better time than now to get organized. Maybe your kids’ favorite toys have invaded your living room or there are magazines and books all over the coffee table. Now is the time to get your media organized and in place. It’s also smart to weed through your kids’ toys. Keep the ones they use the most in a basket or chest while moving the rest that get overlooked to their room or a playroom for storage.
- Re-Upholster: You can re-upholster a chair or bench to add an instant splash of color to the room of your choice; and the bolder the fabric, the better. Re-upholstering may sound like a challenge, but we promise it’s simple. All you need is a staple gun and your fabric of choice and you’ll be ready to go. In fact, in no more than an hour you should have a new look chair or bench.
Interior design and home décor are two fast paced and ever changing worlds, and we know it’s hard to incorporate all the ideas you like into your home. But these five ways to update your home are a great way to keep it fresh and fun year round. Remember to check in with your local OId Time Pottery frequently. We’re always getting in new and wonderful accents, throw pillows, art, and much more!