Remember the sugar cookies that had a Hershey’s Kiss pressed into the middle of them? Well we’re taking that cookie to the next level of fabulous. These Forgotten Kiss Cookies are surprising easy to make, incredibly tasty and are a guaranteed hit with friends and family! When we made these cookies we opted for Mini M&M’s but if you don’t like M&M’s (How can you not like M&M’s?), you can use mini chocolate chips. Enjoy!
- 1 cup softened margarine
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup Mini M&M’s or mini chocolate chips
- 1 9oz. bag Hershey Kisses
- Chocolate drizzle (optional, directions below)
Directions (Makes about 4 dozen cookies.)
- Preheat over to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, sugars, and vanilla until well blended.
- Add the flour and blend until smooth.
- Stir in mini chocolate chips.
- Mold a scant Tablespoon of cookie dough around each unwrapped kiss, covering completely. Shape into balls.
- Place into un-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until set.
- Cool slightly, move from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Prepare chocolate drizzle, if desired, drizzle over each cooled cookie.
Chocolate Drizzle = In a small microwavable bowl, place 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon shortening. Microwave for 30 seconds to melt. stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies.