Time for warm drinks on cold days and my gold glitter dipped coffee mug will serve those drinks up in style. Plus I am sharing a wonderful dark hot chocolate recipe with you that will make your hot chocolate a little more sophisticated.
To make your own gold glitter dipped coffee mug you will need:
- White mug (Old Time Pottery has a wide selection of styles)
- Rubbing alcohol
- Americana Gloss Enamels in Gold Metallic
- Decoart Glamour Dust in Gold Glitter
- Cosmetic sponges and cotton swabs for application
Apply a good coat of Americana Gloss Enamels in Gold Metallic with a cosmetic sponge. While your paint is still wet, use a cotton swap dipped in alcohol to write a name or draw a monogram. The alcohol will remove the paint easily. You can also use this method to clean up the top of your painted area.
Allow that to dry completely, then add a couple of coats of Glamour Dust over the entire thing with a brush. Allow to dry in between coats. Go right over your monogram or name to give it some shimmer.
Follow all package directions at this point. You will need to allow your project to dry and bake in the oven if you want it to be dishwasher safe. Now lets make some dark hot chocolate.
Dark Hot Chocolate Recipe:
- 1 cup milk
- 2 oz chopped dark chocolate
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- Bring your milk to a simmer in a small sauce pot on top of the stove. Add the remaining ingredients and whisk until the chocolate is melted. Pour into a mug to serve.
- To make my peppermint stir sticks, just use a small knife to poke a hole in the center of your marshmallows and add to the peppermint.
Serve up your dark hot chocolate in style with a custom made gold glitter dipped monogram mug. Make a variety of these to give as gifts this holiday season. Be sure to attach a copy of our dark hot chocolate recipe above for your recipient. Enjoy your mug and dark hot chocolate this fall and winter!