Is there anything more romantically gothic than BLACK roses? There’s something so mysterious and sinister about these dark blooms. That’s what makes them absolutely perfect for Halloween decor! This is the one time of year you can find such items in stores, and Old Time Pottery is one of the few places you can find them! Check out this fun arrangement I made in honor of this fun holiday on the horizon!
What you’ll need:
- Group of black silk florals (roses, hydrangeas, or any other black florals you can find)
- Glass Vase
- Candy Corn
- Black Ribbon
- Cardboard to wrap in tube shape.
The concept is simple: flower arrangement in a vase. Check!
- Let’s add a little TWIST by using the black roses and some additional black flowers to add some texture to the arrangement. Space the rose blooms out at different heights to add interest and fullness to the bunch.
- Let’s add some FUNCTIONALITY by using a cardboard tube as a “smaller” vase inside the main vase. This lets you arrange your flowers without the hindrance of the filler items. It also means that you don’t have to use quite as much filler around the edge of the vase.
- Let’s add some FUN with candy corn to fill the vase up!
- Let’s ADORN the vase with a coordinating black ribbon! Black is the color for Halloween and it plays nicely against the bold color of the candy corns! I also love using ribbon with metal edges so that I can mold the ribbon into bows!
Simple. Beautiful. Absolutely Halloween! This simple flower project can make all the difference in your Halloween decor! Your home can go from homey to haunting in just a few minutes with some simple projects like this!