Your fur baby deserves this homemade dog treat gift idea. Our recipe for homemade dog treats is sure to please then you can wrap them up in this playful container. Have a friend who loves dogs? This is the perfect gift for them as well. A quick and inexpensive gift for all dog lovers!
Start by getting your supplies from Old Time Pottery. The treat container comes with a chalkboard bone already attached. Look for it in our pet section the next time you are in the store. You will also need some ribbon for the gift. To make our homemade dog treat recipe, you will need a baking sheet and heart shaped cookie cutter.
Start by baking these homemade dog treats. This quick and easy recipe is perfect for any dog.
Homemade Dog Treat Recipe
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup water (or more as needed)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Add parchment paper to cookie sheets.
- Mix together flour, cornmeal and oats. Make a well in the center and gradually pour in water, oil, eggs, peanut butter and vanilla. Mix well. Add more water if needed to make a dough.
- Flour a flat surface. Use a rolling pin to roll dough flat (about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick). Cut the dough into heart shapes using a cookie cutter. Place the biscuits onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 12 minutes or until starting to brown. Turn off the oven off and leave inside for another 20 minutes to harden.
- Remove and cool completely before adding to an air tight container.
Homemade Dog Treat Gift Idea
Start by making a bow for the gift. I used my Bowdabra to make a full bow but you can make any sized bow you desire. A fun heart themed ribbon is perfect for Valentine’s Day. With the wide selection of ribbon at Old Time Pottery, you are sure to find one to fit any occasion.
Add the cooled dog biscuits to your container.
Add the lid and secure the bow on top.
Write on your chalkboard tag with the chalk (included in the container).
Don’t think this is enough of a gift for your furry friend? Be sure to check out the pet section at Old Time Pottery for tons more. Great ideas that will work perfectly for your fur baby!
This homemade dog treat gift idea is ready to be gifted! I love how the container can be used to hold treats on your counter. It is adorable and perfect for any dog lover. Hurry and get yours at Old Time Pottery today.