Christmas is just around the corner and you don’t want to be caught empty handed. Stop in Old Time Pottery today and grab your last minute Christmas gifts for friends and family. These 3 piece kitchen sets are the perfect last minute gifts that come with an added surprise of a sweet treat recipe. #LastMinuteGiftIdeas
Hot Chocolate Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
1. Combine cocoa, sugar, and salt in a saucepan.
2. Blend in the boiling water. Bring it to an easy boil while you stir.
3. Simmer and stir for two minutes. Stir in milk and heat until hot, but do not boil.
4. Remove from heat and add vanilla and cream.
Holiday Sugar Cookie Ingredients:
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Cream, butter and sugar, then beat in egg and vanilla.
3. Stir all dry ingredients into butter mixture until mixed. Roll out dough onto floured surface.
4. Use cookie cutters to cutters to cut out holiday shapes. Bake 7-10 min or until slightly golden.
5. Let cool. Decorate with icing and sprinkles.