Nothing says summer like red, white and blue and these Layered Jello treats scream summer! It really is hard to beat Jello on a warm summer night and the best part of this recipe is that it’s fully customizable and easy to make. The only drawback to this recipe is that it can be a bit time consuming. However, this recipe doesn’t need constant attention so while you’re waiting for your Jello to set you can still be productive elsewhere around the house! Even if you’re not a fan, we suggest giving this recipe a shot as this recipe tends to be a bit creamier than normal Jello. Enjoy!
- Two or more boxes of standard jello; you choose which & how many colors!
- 1/3 cup sour cream per box of jello being used.
- Cool Whip
- Follow box directions to prepare the color of jello you’d like as the bottom layer. Normally, the box will instruct you to add 1 cup of boiling water to the 4 oz jello mix.
- Divide the jello in half, adding 3 tbsp of cold water to one half and setting the second half aside for the moment.
- Pour first half of jello into serving dish(es) and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until set.
- While setting, add 1/3 cup of sour cream to second half of prepared jello mix. Mix well. This will be your second layer once first layer is set.
- Repeat until all layers are added. Top with cool whip. Refrigerate until serving.