If you’re a fan of traditional pies then you’ll love this Lemon Sour Cream Pie! It is the perfect blend of sweet but tart with a hint of zest. This recipe quickly becomes a favorite at all gatherings and picnics for any occasion.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 (9 inch) pie crust, baked
1. In a saucepan, combine sugar, flour, and salt. Gradually stir in milk. Cook and stir on medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat, and cook and stir 2 more minutes. Remove from heat.
2. Beat yolks slightly. Gradually stir 1 cup of mix into yolks. Return yolk mixture to saucepan, and bring to gentle boil. Cook and stir 2 more minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in butter, peel, and juice. Fold in sour cream.
3. Pour filling into baked pie shell, and cool. Top with whipped cream if desired.
This recipe makes 1 – 9 inch pie – Enjoy!