When it comes to summer, we love fruity desserts! There is just something about them that is so refreshing. That’s why when we came across this lemon tarts recipe we had to give it a try. And just as we suspected, these little treats are delicious! They’re also a breeze to make. All it takes is 4 easy steps and about 45 minutes to prepare making these little treats are perfect for entertaining or just for the family. So what are you waiting for? Get to baking!
- 13 oz. shortcrust pastry
- 1 Cup Elmlea Single
- 2 eggs, plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 3/4 oz. caster sugar
- 3 cups lemon juice
- Icing sugar (for decorating)
- Fresh blueberries, washed (for decorating)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Roll out the pastry until it’s about 1/5 in. thick and press into 8 individual tart tins. Prick with a fork and place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Cover the pastry with parchment paper and fill the tins with pastry weights or baking beans. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove the paper and weights and bake again for another 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and reduce temperature to 285°F.
- In a bowl, whisk together the Elmlea, eggs, egg yolk, sugar and lemon juice, then transfer to a pouring jug. Place the tarts on a large baking tray and pour the filling in right to the top. Carefully place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until just set. Cool, then refrigerate to set.
- When ready to serve, remove the tarts from the tins and set on plates. Decorate with icing sugar and berries.