One of the most loved recipes has finally been perfected in the microwave with just a few easy to follow instructions! Same great taste in less than half the time and it’s still everyone’s favorite classic dessert.
- 1 1/2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 pinch salt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
1. Grease a baking sheet, and set aside.
2. In a glass bowl, combine peanuts, sugar, corn syrup, and salt. Cook in microwave for 6 to 7 minutes on High (700 W); mixture should be bubbly and peanuts browned. Stir in butter and vanilla; cook 2 to 3 minutes longer.
3. Quickly stir in baking soda, just until mixture is foamy. Pour immediately onto greased baking sheet. Let cool 15 minutes, or until set. Break into pieces, and store in an airtight container.
This recipe makes 1 pound – Enjoy!