Rushing to a holiday party or have guests arriving soon? Need a dessert to that looks like you spent hours making it, even though you only have minutes to prepare?
These adorable no-bake Christmas wreath cookies are made with corn flakes and marshmallows and take just 20 minutes to make!
yield: 12-14 total time: 20 MINUTES
1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
1 bag of mini marshmallows, 10.5 oz
Green food coloring
5 cups corn flakes cereal
Mini red chocolate candies (like mini m&ms or red hots)
Twizzler’s pull and peels for the bows
1. Line 2 baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
2. If using twizzler’s pull and peels to make bows, assemble the bows now. You can place a baking sheet on top of the bows to keep them from coming apart.
3. In a medium pot, melt the butter and marshmallows over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the marshmallows are melted. Add in green food coloring until you have your desired green color.
4. Pour the melted marshmallows over the corn flakes, mixing with a spatula until all the corn flakes are covered.
5. To form the wreaths, I found it easiest to spray my hands with a little bit of cooking spray, then take a handful of the corn flake mixture and form it into a ball. Use the palm of your hand to flatten the ball into circle. Next use your finger to poke a hole through the middle of the circle and reshape as needed until you have a wreath shape.
6. Place on the lined baking sheet and add the chocolate candies right away while the marshmallows mixture is still sticky. Add a twizzler bow if desired
7. Place the christmas wreaths in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes to set. Remove from the fridge, serve and enjoy. Store in an airtight container.
This recipe and images are courtesy of The First Year.