We’ve shared a blondie recipe here at Do More for Less before. It’s one of our favorite recipes and today we’re back to share a blondie recipe with a twist! Ever wanted to see what a peanut butter cup would taste like in brownie form? Well now you can! These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies are exactly that and you’ll think you’ve died and gone to heaven once you’ve had one melt in your mouth. And the best part about this recipe is that it’s a breeze to make! All it takes is about 45 minutes and then presto! You’ll have a treat to share (or not) that everyone will absolutely love!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies (Makes approximately 16 squares)
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips (We probably used closer to 1/2 cup!)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8×8″ square pan and set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and brown sugar, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from the heat, and stir in the peanut butter. Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the egg to the butter & sugar mixture and mix well. Add the vanilla extract and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the prepared dry ingredients, and stir to create a thick, smooth batter. Fold in half the chocolate chips, reserving the rest for sprinkling on top.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan, spreading the batter evenly to the edges of the pan. Sprinkle with the chocolate chips and lightly press them into the batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes until the top is golden and the edges are slightly browned. Allow to cool in the pan. Cut into squares and serve.