One of our favorite aspects of fall is all the pumpkin based desserts. We’re lovers of classic pumpkin pie and such but this pumpkin bread has a sweet twist! With the added peanut butter and chocolate chips, it’s like eating a fall themed Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup. Yum! This recipe, while appearing difficult to the eye, is actually not very difficult at all. It just requires a little time to make. And trust us, it’s worth it.
- 1/4 cup nonfat greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree, from the can
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk greek yogurt, pumpkin, eggs, and peanut butter in a large bowl until no lumps remain.
- Stir in sugars, pumpkin pie spice, and baking soda. Stir in flour.
- Stir about 3/4 cup chocolate chips into batter.
- Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips over the top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean at the edge of the bread. The bread may fall in the middle slightly, that’s okay. At a 30 minute baking time, the top center portion may be underdone – I like it that way. If you prefer it to be more done, add about 5 minutes baking time.