It’s hard to get much more Christmas-y than Peppermint Bark. When the main ingredients to an amazing sweet treat are dark chocolate, white chocolate and crushed peppermint, you know its time for the holidays. And the best part of this recipe is that it is super easy making Peppermint Bark the perfect treat for parties, gifts and much more. Happy baking!
- 12 ounces good quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 12 ounces good quality white chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups crushed peppermint candies
- Optional: 1/2 tsp. mint or peppermint extract
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Create a double boiler by heating a shallow amount of water in a large stock pot and placing a large bowl over the pot so that no steam escapes. Make sure the bowl does not touch the simmering water below.
- Add the dark chocolate to the double boiler and allow to melt. Once melted, pour over parchment paper and spread as evenly as possible with a spatula. Place tray in the freezer while you prepare the white chocolate.
- Prepare white chocolate in clean bowl exactly as with dark chocolate. Add mint/peppermint extract, if desired, at this time. After it has melted, add half of the crushed peppermint and stir to combine. Pour over chilled dark chocolate and spread evenly with a spatula. Spread as quickly as possible to avoid having the melted dark chocolate mix with the white chocolate. Generously sprinkle remaining peppermint over the white chocolate topping. Place in freezer for 30-60 minutes to allow to fully harden.
- Once completely chilled and hardened, remove from freezer and break into small pieces. Store in air-tight container in the refrigerator.