If we’re being honest, Oreo Truffles aren’t the most aesthetically pleasing sweet treat. In fact they kind of look like a cookie tar if that makes sense. But we promise these little truffles are some of the best you’ll ever taste! These Peppermint Oreo Truffles are the right combination of chocolatey and minty that make them perfect for the holidays. And with these treat being very easy to make, they’re perfect for entertaining or bringing to a holiday party. The only problem you’ll have is having enough to satisfy everyone. Enjoy!
- 36 Oreos (NOT Doublestuff)
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 16 oz. white chocolate almond bark
- 1/4 cup crushed candy canes or peppermint candies, for decorating
- Set a long sheet of wax paper over a cookie sheet, set aside. Place 36 Oreos in a food processor and pulse until finely crushed (alternately if you don’t own a food processor you can place Oreos in a large Ziploc bag, seal bag and crush with a rolling pin until finely crushed). Pour crushed Oreos into a mixing bowl.
- In separate mixing bow blend together cream cheese and peppermint extract. Add cream cheese mixture to crushed Oreos and using a the back of a spoon, stir mixture while pressing it along the bottom of the bowl, until well combine and evenly moistened. Scoop mixture out and form into 1 inch balls (if you happen to have a kitchen scale, they should be about 16 grams each) then align on prepared cookie sheet. Place truffles in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Melt almond bark according to directions on package. Remove truffles from freezer and dip in melted chocolate and evenly coat then allow excess chocolate to run off (I barely made it with 16 oz. of the melted bark but you may need a little more). Return to baking sheet, immediately sprinkle tops with crushed candy canes then allow chocolate to set. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.