Add delicious fruits to your desserts this season and bake Pineapple Upside-Down Cupcakes. These bite size cupcakes are a fan favorite by everyone that gets a taste!
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 24 maraschino cherries
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package pineapple cake mix (such as Duncan Hines® Pineapple Supreme)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar for dusting, or as needed
1. Move an oven rack into the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Spray 24 muffin cups with cooking spray.
3. Line a work surface with waxed paper.
4. Spoon 1 teaspoon melted butter into the bottom of each sprayed muffin cup
5. Spoon 1 tablespoon brown sugar in each muffin cup.
6. Press a maraschino cherry into the center of the brown sugar in each muffin cup.
7. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of crushed pineapple over the cherry and compact it with the back of a spoon into an even layer.
8. Mix pineapple cake mix, eggs, pineapple juice, and vegetable oil in a large bowl with electric mixer on low speed until moistened, about 30 seconds. Turn mixer speed to medium and mix for 2 minutes
9. Pour pineapple cake batter into the muffin cups, filling them to the top; do not overfill.
10. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
11. Allow cupcakes to cool at least 5 minutes before inverting muffin cups onto the waxed paper to release. Serve with pineapple and cherry sides up. Sprinkle cupcakes lightly with confectioners’ sugar.
This recipe makes 2 dozen cupcakes – Enjoy!