Fall brings cool air and tasty treats! Pumpkin is one of my favorite flavors of Autumn and this Pumpkin Roll is absolutely delicious!
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2/3 cup self-rising flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Butter or grease one 10×15 inch jelly roll pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar, pumpkin and lemon juice.
- Sift together the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. Add to wet ingredients and mix well. Spread into pan and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool enough to handle.
- Remove cake from pan and place on tea towel (cotton, not terry cloth). Roll up the cake by rolling a towel inside cake and place seam side down to cool.
- Prepare the frosting by blending together the sugar, butter, cream cheese and vanilla.
- Before completely cool, unroll cake and spread with cream cheese filling and roll up again without towel. Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar and slice into 8 to 10 servings.
This recipe makes 8-10 rolls. Enjoy!