There is nothing quite like Red Velvet Cake. Something about is is just so smooth and rich. It’s truly a delight for someone with a sweet tooth. That’s why when one of our staff shared these with us last Christmas we knew we had to share them! These little bite-size cakes are perfect for parties and aren’t hard to make at all. The best part is this recipe will definitely work with other types of cake so don’t be afraid to experiment. Enjoy!
Red Velvet Cake Bites
- 1 box red velvet cake mix (cook as directed on box for 13 X 9 cake)
- 1 can cream cheese frosting (16 oz.)
- 1 package chocolate bark (regular or white chocolate)
- wax paper
- After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into large bowl.
- Mix thoroughly with 1 can cream cheese frosting. (It may be easier to use fingers to mix together, but be warned it will get messy.)
- Roll mixture into quarter size balls and lay on cookie sheet. (Should make 45-50. You can get even more if you use a mini ice cream scooper, but I like to hand roll them.)
- Chill for several hours. (You can speed this up by putting in the freezer.)
- Melt chocolate in microwave per directions on package.
- Roll balls in chocolate and lay on wax paper until firm. (Use a spoon to dip and roll in chocolate and then tap off extra.)