Love is in the air and so are the sweet scents of Red Velvet Peanut Butter Blossoms. Show your Valentine you care by treating them to delicious cookies sealed with a kiss.
- 1 bag Hershey’s Hugs
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons half n half
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons red color
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Granulated sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Beat shortening and peanut butter in a stand mixer until well blended. Add 1 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar and beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk, vanilla, and red food coloring and beat well, scraping down sides of the bowl. Stir together cocoa, flour, baking soda and salt and gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
3. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes. In the mean time remove the wrappers from the Hugs. Immediately press a Hug into
This recipe – Enjoy!