To preface, we’re a little puppy chow crazy here at Old Time Pottery. We’ve posted puppy chow recipes of the Thin Mint, Cake Batter and
Pumpkin Spice variety and now we’re going to add a recipe for Red Velvet Puppy Chow. This recipe is perfect for, you guessed it, Valentine’s Day! It’s easy to make and if perfect for the family or that someone special to munch on all month long. If you make this tasty treat to honor our nations day of love we promise it won’t disappoint!
- 5 C. Rice Chex cereal
- 3/4 C. white chocolate melts or chips
- 1/4 C. chocolate melts or chips
- 2 oz cream cheese, room temp
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 C. Red Velvet Cake mix
- 1/2 C. powdered sugar
- Valentines colored M&M’s or other candies.
- Heart sprinkles for extra decoration and cute-ness.
- Measure out Rice Chex cereal and place into a large bowl.
- Place cake mix and powdered sugar into a large plastic bag or tupperware with a lid.
- Melt chocolates together in the microwave or on the stove top. Careful not to burn and stir until smooth.
- Stir in cream cheese and milk (the chocolate will get thicker, but it’s okay).
- Pour chocolate over Rice Chex cereal and stir until coated.
- Dump cereal into the bag or tupperware with powdered sugar and cake mix. Shake, shake, shake until coated.
- Dump onto a cookie sheet and let cool.
- Mix with extra colorful candies and serve!
***NOTE: Because of the cream cheese, keep in the fridge if you won’t be eating them that day. You can also omit the cream cheese all together if you wish…if you do that, you don’t need the milk either!