With Memorial Day less than a week away, cookouts are in a lot of our futures. And no cookout is complete without a great dessert to top off a wonderful American meal! Well this dessert is sure to do just that. This dessert pizza features a traditional sugar cookie crust with creamy, white icing/sauce topped off with cookie dough and fresh fruit. This pizza is not only tasty, but it’s patriotic with red, white, and blue food mixed together, making it the perfect Memorial Day dessert. Enjoy!
- 1/3 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour, plus more for rolling if needed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Sugar Cookie Dough:
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 Tablespoon milk or cream
- 2 Tablespoons cream cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- fresh blueberries
- fresh raspberries
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, mix well. Lastly, add in flour and baking powder. If it’s too crumbly, use your hands to knead it together a few times.
- Form an 11 inch circle on a parchment paper lined baking stone or pizza pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely.
- Combine all cookie dough ingredients in a medium size bowl. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whip together cream cheese, heavy cream and sugar until peaks form.
- Assemble your pizza: Spread sauce over cooled crust. Top with berries, white chocolate chips and chunks of cookie dough. Cut into wedges and serve.