Fall is in full swing and that can only mean one thing: football season. There is nothing quite like getting together with friends to tailgate or cookout for the big game. That’s why today we’re sharing these adorable Rice Krispies Football Treats. They’re the prefect sweet treat for a cookout and they’re themed to boot! What makes these Rice Krispies Treats perfect is that they’re easy to make and easy to serve leaving you with plenty of time to watch the game. Enjoy!
- 6 cups Cocoa Krispies Cereal
- 1 bag of Mini Marshmallows
- 1/2 cup Margarine
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Cookie Icing*
- Melt the margarine in a large pot over medium heat. When melted, add the marshmallows and continue to heat until they are completely melted as well.
- Add the vanilla extract the remove from heat. Next, stir in the Cocoa Krispies Cereal.
- Allow the cereal mixture to cool for a few minutes, then begin scooping medium sized spoonfuls onto wax paper.
- Coat your hands with non-stick cooking spray, then begin molding the cereal into football shapes. (I taught our boys to make a round shape then pull the ends to a point with your thumb and pointer finger.)
- Allow the footballs to completely cool. Then go back and draw the football seams with the cookie icing. (*Feel free to use your favorite cookie icing recipe, however I found the Betty Crocker Cookie Icing to work perfect for this!)