The Holidays are upon us! Christmas is our favorite time of year here at Old Time Pottery and we’re excited to kick-off the holiday season with a reboot of a SweetTweet we shared last year: Santa Hat Brownie Bites! These littles treats are a wonderful combination of chocolatey and creamy with a fruit topping. The best part of these treats is that they are easy to make. You can prepare your buttercream and strawberries while the brownies are cooking and before you know it you’ll have the perfect holiday treat. Enjoy!
- 1 pan of your favorite brownies, cooled and cut into desired size and shape (I used a round cutter)
- 12-16 small strawberries, cleaned and hulled
- Vanilla-mascarpone buttercream (recipe below)
Mascarpone Buttercream Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Bake your brownies and let cool.
- Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat butter and mascarpone cheese until light and creamy. This takes about 2 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract and salt. Add 2-1/2 cups of sugar, half a cup at a time and continue beating until smooth. Add more sugar, if needed to reach desired consistency and sweetness.
- To assemble, pipe a ring of vanilla buttercream on top of each brownie. Cut off the base of a strawberry so it is flat and place it upside down on each brownie, pushing slightly to secure in place. Top the tip of the strawberry with a dot of buttercream to finish the santa hat.