*WARNING* these treats are extremely addictive and should be eaten with caution. Seriously though, these almonds are absolutely wonderful. It really is hard to eat just a handful of these treats. And the best part about this recipe is it’s extremely easy to make. All you do is mix the ingredients together, put them in a crock-pot, let them cook for a few hours and TA-DA! Not only are these almonds easy to make and delicious, but they also are a perfect addition to a gift basket or given on their own as a gift. The only issue was had with this recipe is that there is a bunch of left over sugar so it gets a bit messy. But believe us, the end result is worth the mess. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Brown Sugar
- 3 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg White
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 3 cups Almonds
- 1/4 cup Water
- Mix together in a large bowl sugars, cinnamon, and salt.
- In another bowl with a whisk, mix together the egg white and vanilla until it is frothy. Add the almonds and coat thoroughly. This will help the mixture stick to the almonds during the cooking process.
- Prepare your slow cooker by spraying it with cooking spray. I used a 4 quart. Add the cinnamon almond mixture to the almonds and turn it to low. Stir until the cinnamon sugar mixture is coated well on the almondsBe prepared for your house to smell amazing!
- You want to cook for about 3-4 hours. Mine took about 3. Stirring every 20 minutes. In the very last hour, add 1/4 cup water and stir well. This will ensure a crunchy coating and help the mixture to harden.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the almonds onto the sheet to cool. The almonds should be pretty sticky so be sure to seperate them the best that you can and let them cool!