Chocolate is great. Cherries are great. Cakes are always the greatest. So its no surprise that when you bring all of these great snacks together that the result is absolutely delicious. Plus, this particular recipe uses a slow cooker and could not be any easier! Give it a try and you’ll know exactly what we mean.
- 1 (18.25oz) package chocolate cake mix
- 1 (21oz) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (8oz) can crushed pineapple, drained & juice reserved
- 1/2 cup butter
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan, and mix with reserved juice from the can of pineapple. Set the mixture aside.
- Spread the crushed pineapple in a layer on the bottom of a slow cooker. Spoon the cherry pie filling in an even layer on top of the pineapple, and empty the dry cake mix into the slow cooker on top of the cherry filling.
- Stir the butter and pineapple juice mixture, and pour it over the dry cake mix.
- Set the slow cooker to Low, and cook for 3 hours.
- Spoon the dessert into bowls, and let cool about 5 minutes to cool the hot pie filling before eating.
This recipe makes 10 servings. Enjoy!